1) First thing is to take the necessary steps to prevent further damage from happening. Example: missing shingles, put a tarp over the roof to keep more water from getting in. If you have to take these types of steps, keep up with your receipts so your company can reimburse you.
2) Begin working on a list of things damaged. If you can get a list together for your adjuster this will help speed up the claim process.
3) Pre-claim photos or video will help the insured to remember what they had. Like a visual inventory. These photos will help them and can help the company also.
4) Any receipts for recent purchases that can help.
5) When you have sever damage in a wide area, insurance companies will send in extra adjusters, but they still only have limited numbers. They will do their best to help everyone as fast as possible and with the main focus going to the hardest hit areas and people first.
6) some policies provide a coverage called “Additional living expense”. This is a coverage that can provide cash to the insured for a place to stay, food, and additional travel expenses.
7) most companies will offer cleanup expense coverage with services like Serve Pro or Service Master. If they need it, tell them to ask for it.
Call or text me anytime if I can help 318-336-5203